I feel like my redesigned sound for Pi got a pretty good reception. People seemed to be quite impressed with my attention to detail such as clothes noises. Also the buzzing sound I created for the chip which takes over the sound at the end of the piece.
I felt especially good about this as I felt that the tone I used for the ending was like putting my own personal stamp on the piece. It's a very me think to do and it gives me a sense of ownership over the sound design.
All my sounds were received well in that they were well recorded and well implemented. I did spend a lot of time making everything sound right in the mix so this was encouraging.
The main complaint seemed to be that I could have gone further. Especially with the atmos. It was said to bee almost too "sterile" as the character's mind and life are kind of a mess. My interpretation was more of a sort of loneliness and isolation, but looking back on it this criticism about the overall sterility seems pretty apt. I think I could have gone further and made that room sound much more chaotic.
If I was to go back that would be the main stuff I would change. I would just add more layers to the atmos and give the room some life.
Overall though I was very encouraged by the feedback and proud of what I'd done.
No comments:
Post a Comment