Thursday, 20 December 2012

ADR - Additional Dialogue Recording

We had a session on re-recording dialogue. Unfortunately the session was hampered with some technical issues, but I got the gist of it. Essentially I learnt that ADR isn't really something to be afraid of and it's pretty simple. My  main revelation is that you have the person who're re-saying the dialogue listen to the line over and over and eventually they can reel it off in almost the exact same way.

Syncing it with the image once this is done is fairly simple. Especially if you plan ahead.
Last year I did sound for the Drama project and even though it was sync sound with no ADR I had a big task with syncing the dialogue due to the edit being very fast paced and using lots of different takes. This meant matching up the dialogue was a creative exercise in trying to find parts of takes that would match up.
Using ADR could have perhaps alleviated this slightly.

1 comment: