Monday, 22 October 2012

Pi


For my first project I've decided to add sound to a clip from Darren Aronofsky's 1998 film "Pi". I have yet to see this film, but I am a huge fan of Aronofsky's having seen Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler and Black Swan and I adored all three of them.

The reason I chose this scene out of the five available is that I saw it as the most interesting sonically. I can see masses of potential with this man alone in his weird room full of odd equipment fiddling with screws and computers. A major reason for me selecting this scene is that my boyfriend recently bought an expensive mechanical keyboard and it just makes the most amazing keyboard sound I have ever heard. There are shots of a man hitting keys on a keyboard over and over again and I think that I can get an excellent recording to go along with this.


I also think it will be fairly challenging. Deciding what atmos to use and adding chair squeaks and machinery fiddling sounds will not necessarily be easy, but I love the look of the scene and I'm thinking it'll be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment